Massage Therapy is the scientific manipulation of the soft tissues of the body, consisting primarily of manual (hands on) techniques such as applying fixed or movable pressure, holding, and muscles and body tissues. If you are recovering from an injury or just starting your fitness journey, having an active recovery plan is essential for your mind and body.
When Massage Therapy is paired with Physical Therapy it can speed up your recovery time and ease pain.
Another benefit of incorporating massage therapy into a physical therapy treatment plan is the stress relief and calm state of mind it provides.
It can help establish slower calmer breathing patterns, and establish better body awareness in areas related to pain or injury.
· Relieve Stress
· Relieve postoperative pain
· Reduce anxiety
· Manage low-back pain
· Help fibromyalgia
· Reduce muscle tension
· Enhance exercise performance
· Relieve tension headaches
· Lower blood pressure
· Lower joint replacement pain
· Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
· Help chronic neck pain
· Ease symptoms of depression
· Decrease rheumatoid
· Improve cardiovascular health
· Reduce pain of osteoarthritis
· Decrease stress in cancer patients
· Improve balance in older adults
· Temper effects of dementia
· Promote relaxation
· Increase range of motion
· Decrease migraine frequency
· Improve quality of life in hospice care
· Increased Metabolism
· Sleep better
Outpatient Physical Therapy
Copyright © 2021 Outpatient Physical Therapy - All Rights Reserved.